Additional Volunteer Opportunities
If you are looking for additional volunteer opportunities, please feel free to contact the following organizations:
- Holiday Walk on Main Event Committee - This popular community event is always looking for volunteers to help. Please contact Maria Weisbruch by email for more information.
- Wauconda Township Senior Advocate, Lisa Knight at 847-526-1800 or by email.
- Wauconda Park District - Hosts special events throughout the year and has a volunteer form on their website.
- United Partnership for A Better Community - Fosters and coordinates partnerships to improve the quality of life in our community. Please visit their website.
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) - Please visit them their website.
The Village of Wauconda’s Adopt-a-Roadway program brings citizen volunteers into partnerships with the Village to keep our roadsides and community looking great. Groups of friends, neighbors, coworkers or club members have volunteered to make a positive impact on the area where we live and allow visitors to our community to have a great 1st impression of our Village.
In this program, each volunteer group is assigned a (minimum) 1-half mile section of roadway that they agree to help improve at least 3 times each year for a 2-year period. For more information view the Adopt-A-Roadway Program (PDF).
Thank You to Our Participating Groups
- AFSCME Local Number 2904 - Anderson Road
- District 118 School Board - Garland Road
- ETC Preschool-Wauconda Road Federated Church of Wauconda - South Main
- Library Hill - Garland Road
- JJ Twigs Pizza - Gossell Road
- United Partnership Green Committee - North Main Street
- Village of Wauconda - Route 12 from Bonner to Route 176
- Wauconda Hoops - Gossell Road Wauconda