Welcome to the Village of Wauconda!
On behalf of the Village of Wauconda Elected Officials and staff, we would like to welcome you and your family to this beautiful place we call home. Wauconda is home to the pristine waters of Bangs Lake and surrounded by many of Lake Counties Forest Preserves. Our quaint downtown offers many different restaurants, shops and businesses to meet almost any need you may have. We also have a bustling commercial corridor and productive industrial park.
The Village is led by a Mayor (or Village President), Village Clerk, and a six-member Board of Trustees who are elected to four-year overlapping terms of office. Residents are encouraged to become involved in their local government by attending meetings of the Board. Village Board meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month. All meetings are held at the Village Hall located at 101 N. Main Street and begin at 7:00 p.m. Meeting agendas and approved minutes can be accessed on the Village website at wauconda-il.gov/129/Agendas-Minutes.
The Village Administrator oversees all Village departments and serves as a liaison between the Village residents and the Board. The Administrator supervises the daily operations of the Village with the assistance of a full-time professional staff, including the Chief of Police and the Directors of the following Departments: Community Development, Public Works, and Finance.The Village of Wauconda staff includes an award winning Public Works Department, top rated Police Department for community safety and a knowledgeable and accommodating Administrative staff located in the heart of Main St. You are always welcome to stop by or call the Village Hall with any questions or concerns. The Village Hall is located at 101 N. Main St. and the phone number is 847-526-9600.
Information for New Residents
Water and Sewer service is provided by the Village of Wauconda and must be set up with our Utility Billing Clerk by email at email@example.com or by calling 847-526-9604. Utility bills are issued on a monthly basis and are due the 24th of each month.
Refuse and Recycling is provided to Village residents by Waste Management. You will need to contact them at 800.796.9696 to set up service or by visiting their website at www.wm.com.
Nicor Gas 1-888-642-6748
The Wauconda Wire is the Village of Wauconda's quarterly newsletter which is distributed by mail to every home and business in Wauconda. It is our goal to provide the residents of Wauconda with a newsletter approximately every three months or seasonally that will include messages from the Mayor or Village Board, Village Departments, provide upcoming events and news, as well as seasonal tips and reminders. You can access electronic copies of current and past issues by clicking here.
The Village has implemented Everbridge, an emergency notification program, to alert residents about emergencies and community announcements, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures and community events. Register your email address or phone number by clicking on the bright blue box (quick link) at the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Non-emergency Police Department 1-847-526-2421
Spanish Hotline 1-224-993-0482
Wauconda Fire District 1-847-526-2821
Wauconda Area Library 1-847-526-6225
Wauconda Post Office 1-847-526-7116
Wauconda School District #118 1-847-526-7690
Wauconda Township Office 1-847-526-2631
Wauconda Park District 1-847-526-3610
Wauconda Chamber of Commerce 1-847-526-5580
Wauconda Senior Advocate 1-847-526-2631
Frequently Referenced Ordinances
- A permanent Water Conservation Program is in place from May 15th through September 15th. Street addresses ending with even numbers are allowed to use outside water at any time on even numbered calendar days and street addresses ending in odd numbers will be allowed to use outdoor water at any time on odd numbered calendar days. (Ordinance 52.11)
- No parking is allowed on Village streets daily between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- No parking is allowed on Village streets when there is an accumulation of 2 inches or more of snow and/or ice.
- Grass and weeds cannot exceed 8 inches in height.
- No open burning is allowed inside Village limits.
- Residents are allowed no more than four dogs per household.
- No loud noise from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. (Ordinance 132.26)
- Residents are allowed two garage sales each year. If you are planning a garage sale, you must register with the Administration Department. Please fill out the simple online form that allows you to have your sale and post up to 6 small signs on the day of the event. There is no charge for this “ePermit”, which will be sent to your email address. We will also send you the Village rules and regulations to help guide you through your garage sale. Please complete the Garage Sale Permit Application.
*To refer to the entire Village of Wauconda Code Book, please visit the Village of Wauconda Ordinances.