Results are in - Resident Satisfaction Survey
The Village of Wauconda is pleased to report on the results of the recent resident survey. We are grateful residents took the time to share their thoughts and opinions for use in developing the Village’s new strategic plan.
More than 500 community members responded to the online survey. The survey results show that residents are satisfied with the quality of life in Wauconda as well as the services provided by the Village with more than 78.9% rating the quality of life in Wauconda as good or excellent and 77.2% answering that they are either satisfied or very satisfied with Village services.
The areas rated highest by residents are:
- Community events: 85.6% answered good or excellent
- Beautification efforts: 81.2% satisfied or very satisfied
- Experiences with the Police Department: 72.4% satisfied or very satisfied
The areas noted for improvement:
- Importance of enforcing private property maintenance: 67.7% rated it very important or extremely important
- Communication efforts: 64% rated efforts as good or excellent
- Condition of streets, sidewalks and storm drainage: 60% answered satisfied or very satisfied
Residents were also asked to list their priorities. The priorities were clear with most comments focusing on business and economic development, reducing the property tax burden on residents, protecting the future of Bangs Lake, emphasizing many aspects of safety including public safety and traffic safety, as well maintaining public infrastructure.