Special Event Related Applications & Permits
Please include all applicable documentation: maps, Certificate of Insurance, Hold Harmless.
TimingTo allow for proper logistical planning and preparation of public safety and public works officials, applications for permits must be provided as follows:
- Community Event - applications should be submitted no less than 90 days prior to the event.
- Large Scale Special Event - (250 attendees or more) applications should be submitted no less than 90 days prior to the event.
- Special Events - (less than 250 attendees) applications should be submitted no less than 45 days prior to the event.
- Block Parties - applications should be submitted no less than 14 days prior to the event.
- Parades - applications should be submitted no less than 90 days prior to the event.
- Public Assemblies - applications should be submitted no less than 48 hours prior to the event
- Garage Sales - applications should be submitted three days prior to the sale.
A fee of $50.00 is required if the application is filed after the application deadline regardless of permit approval or denial.
Form CompletionOnly forms with all the application information supplied will be accepted. Insurance and indemnification (Hold Harmless Agreement) paperwork supplemental to the application must be received no later than 14 days prior to the event. Applications that require a road closure must submit a map of that closure with their application. For additional information contact Alise Coulter, Special Events Coordinator at 847-526-9600 or by email.
Permits are issued the week prior to/week of the event.
Raffle PermitAccording to Illinois State statute, all raffles conducted within the State of Illinois must be licensed by the municipality in which the raffle takes place. Please complete the Village of Wauconda Application for License to Conduct Raffle and reference the Raffle License Procedure. This process is not required if raffle tickets are given away to participants at no charge. For additional information contact Alise Coulter at 847-526-9600 ext. 112 or by email.
Special Event Liquor License (Beer & Wine ONLY)A Special Use (Liquor Retailer) or Special Event (Not-For-Profit) permit from the State of Illinois for the event. Please supply a copy of this State of Illinois license to the Village Hall prior to the event.
If a copy of the State of Illinois Special Event Retailer or Special Use Permit Liquor License is not supplied to the Village Hall before the event, no future Special Event (daily) Liquor Licenses will be issued to the applicant.
Contact Sherry Davies at 847-526-9600 ext. 110 or by email with any questions.