Refuse & Recycling
Prairieland Disposal One pass Trucks
important information & datesGeneral Service Guidelines
- All waste materials should be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM the day of your service collection.
- Refuse and recycling should be placed by the driveway and toters should be spread 3 feet apart from each other and from other stationary objects (mailboxes, basketball hoops, vehicles, etc.)
- Cardboard must be broken down and placed in toter; do not jam into the container.
- Recyclables should be loose, not in plastic shopping bags.
- For special pick up of bulk items, contact Prairieland at 847-381-9300. Additional disposal fee may apply.
- Residents may drop off the following items for free at the Lake Barrington facility at 21N988 Pepper Road: Shoes tied together, Christmas lights, wine corks, food scrap, electronic waste, batteries (see website for detail), and wrapped glass vases ten (10) inch max.
- Yard Waste is included with each plan at no additional cost! Residents are allowed up to fifteen (15) bags of Yard Waste per week, from April 1st through the second full week in December.
- Bundled brush and tree trimmings are included from April 1st through the second full week in December. Visit the Prairieland website to see the guidelines.
- Prairieland will conduct weekly Leaf Vacuuming service from October 12th through December 11th.
SWALCOSWALCO (Solid Waste Agency of Lake County) provides solid waste management programs to Lake County. These programs are aimed at reducing our reliance on landfills through source reduction, recycling and energy recovery.
In general, SWALCO programs help residents dispose of problem wastes, such as household chemical waste (HCW), electronic equipment, and yard waste. Recycling programs are targeted at both commercial and residential markets in order to divert as much solid waste as possible from reaching landfills.
SWALCO Electronics Recycling Drop Off Locations
For Disposal GuidelinesView our SWALCO Disposal Guide (PDF).