Voting registration is open all year, except during the 27 days preceding an election and the day after an election. Registering to vote has never been easier. In order to register:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Once you are ready to register, click here to begin: https://ova.elections.il.gov/
If you think you may already be registered to vote, you can check by using the State Board of Election's Voter Registration Lookup or www.lakecountyclerk.info.
ways to vote in lake County
Vote by Mail
Registered voters that would prefer to avoid crowds due to the COVID-19 pandemic may request a ballot by visiting www.LakeVoterPower.com. Residents may choose a hardcopy ballot mailed to their residence or an electronic ballot that can be printed and mailed or emailed back to the Clerk’s office. Voter ballots must be postmarked on or before November 3rd.
Residents may also utilize the Early Voting sites to avoid crowded areas and long lines. Early voting begins at the Lake County Clerk’s office 40 days prior to the election; however, county-wide only 15 days prior to the election. Residents of Wauconda may utilize the early poling site located at the Wauconda Township, 505 W Bonner Road. For the entire list of Early Voting Sites, please visit https://www.lakecountyil.gov/4322/Early-Voting. Grace Registration is also available for eligible unregistered residents at any early voting site. Early voting begins October 19th . Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Election Day Voting
Finally, residents have the choice to vote in person on Election Day at their assigned Polling location. Polls are open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM and no identification is required for voters correctly registered with current name and address. To find your polling location, you may either check your voter’s registration card or visit www.LakeVoterPower.com and enter your name, address and date of birth.
- September 24th – Requested Mail In ballots will be mailed out
- October 19th through November 1st - Early voting at Wauconda Township Office, 505 W. Bonner Road.
- October 29th – Last day Lake County Clerk’s office will accept ballot applications
- November 3rd – Election Day (voter ballots must be postmarked no later than Election Day)
For more information on Lake County Clerk services and up-to-the-minute election news, visit www.LakeCountyClerk.info or call 847-377-2400.
With the upcoming Election right around the corner, the Village reminds residents to refer to the regulations set forth in the Village Code regarding the size and placement of political signs.
- Residents are allowed to place political signs on private property, with the permission of the property owner.
- Political sings are not permitted to be placed in the public right-of-way.
- Political signs may not exceed eight square feet.