Mayor's Community Service Awards
Nomination FormRecommendations for individuals and organizations can be submitted online or by downloading the Nomination Form (PDF) and submitted by mail, email or fax. Elected officials and Village of Wauconda employees are not eligible. There are 4 categories addressed in the submission process. All are specific to the nominated individual or organization:
- Impact on the Community – The effect(s) of the nominee’s service efforts and/or project on the community.
- Degree of Commitment to Service – Examples of enthusiasm, perseverance, and devotion to a short-term or long-term project.
- Integrity – Past or current actions that reflect the nominee’s honesty, reliability, and sincerity.
- Leadership – Examples of leadership qualities that helped create momentum, a shared vision, and positive results.
Selection ProcessNominations will be submitted to a committee comprised of the Mayor, members of the Communications Committee, and 3 volunteers chosen by the Mayor. Names and addresses of nominees will be removed from nomination forms prior to submission to the Selection Committee. All committee members shall be committed to the award selection process and its relevance to sustaining civic participation. The award recipients shall reflect an extraordinary commitment to the Wauconda community. Multiple submissions for 1 nominee will be accepted.
Presentation of AwardsThe Mayor of Wauconda will present the awards to the recipients during the Annual Street Dance (Saturday of Labor Day weekend).
Mayor’s Community Service Award Recipients
- Individual - Ryan Jacobsen
- Organization - Wauconda Area Chamber of Commerce
- Individual - Jason Laureys
- Individual - Sarah Jakubek
- Organization - Summer Lunch Program
- Individual - Jen Vogler
- Organization - Wauconda / Island Lake Food Pantry
- Individual - Mark F. Knigge
- Organization - Bangs Lake Advisory Committee (BLAC)
- Individual – Michael Salisbury
- Business – Stack-On
- Organization – Wauconda Area Queens
- Individual – Don Kutinac
- Business – Berger Excavating Contractors, Inc.
- Organization - Heroes of Freedom Memorial
- Youth - Wauconda High School FBLA
- Lifetime Achievement – Tom Weber
- Individual – William Hogan
- Business – Victor Ford
- Organization – CERT
- Youth – Haley Proscek, Emily Brennan and Madison Hauscher