The Village is led by a Mayor (or Village President), Village Clerk, and a six-member Board of Trustees who are elected to four-year overlapping terms of office. Residents are encouraged to become involved in their local government by attending meetings of the Board. Village Board meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month. All meetings are held at the Village Hall located at 101 N. Main Street and begin at 7:00 p.m. Meeting agendas and approved minutes can be accessed on the Village website at wauconda-il.gov/129/Agendas-Minutes.
The Village Administrator oversees all Village departments and serves as a liaison between the Village residents and the Board. The Administrator supervises the daily operations of the Village with the assistance of a full-time professional staff, including the Chief of Police and the Directors of the following Departments: Community Development, Public Works, and Finance.
The Village of Wauconda staff includes an award winning Public Works Department, top rated Police Department for community safety and a knowledgeable and accommodating Administrative staff located in the heart of Main St. You are always welcome to stop by or call the Village Hall with any questions or concerns. The Village Hall is located at 101 N. Main St. and the phone number is 847-526-9600.
Information for New ResidentsWater and Sewer service is provided by the Village of Wauconda and must be set up with our Utility Billing Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 847-526-9604. Utility bills are issued on a monthly basis and are due the 24th of each month.
Refuse and Recycling is provided to Village residents by Prairieland Disposal, Inc. You will need to contact them at 847-381-9300 to set up service or by visiting their website at www.prairielanddisposal.com.
Nicor Gas 1-888-642-6748
Non-Highway Vehicle Permit
On March 21, 2023, the Village Board approved an ordinance regulating the operation of non-highway vehicles (golf carts, All-Terrain & Utility Terrain Vehicles) on Village streets. For more information and to apply for a permit, click HERE.
The Wauconda Wire is the Village of Wauconda's quarterly newsletter which is distributed by mail to every home and business in Wauconda. It is our goal to provide the residents of Wauconda with a newsletter approximately every three months or seasonally that will include messages from the Mayor or Village Board, Village Departments, provide upcoming events and news, as well as seasonal tips and reminders. You can access electronic copies of current and past issues by clicking here.
The Village has implemented Everbridge, an emergency notification program, to alert residents about emergencies and community announcements, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures and community events. Register your email address or phone number here.
Emergency ServicesIf there is an emergency always call 911 first.
- Non-emergency Police Department 1-847-526-2421
- Spanish Hotline 1-224-993-0482
- Wauconda Fire District 1-847-526-2821
- Wauconda Area Library 1-847-526-6225
- Wauconda Post Office 1-847-526-7116
- Wauconda School District #118 1-847-526-7690
- Wauconda Township Office 1-847-526-2631
- Wauconda Park District 1-847-526-3610
- Wauconda Chamber of Commerce 1-847-526-5580
- Wauconda Senior Advocate 1-847-526-2631
Frequently Referenced Ordinances
- A permanent Water Conservation Program is in place from May 15th through September 15th. Street addresses ending with even numbers are allowed to use outside water at any time on even numbered calendar days and street addresses ending in odd numbers will be allowed to use outdoor water at any time on odd numbered calendar days. (Ordinance 52.11)
- No parking is allowed on Village streets daily between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- No parking is allowed on Village streets when there is an accumulation of 2 inches or more of snow and/or ice.
- Grass and weeds cannot exceed 8 inches in height.
- No open burning is allowed inside Village limits.
- Residents are allowed no more than four dogs per household.
- No loud noise from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM, Sunday thru Thursday; Friday, Saturday and holidays 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. (Ordinance 132.26)
- Residents are allowed two garage sales each year. If you are planning a garage sale, you must register with the Administration Department. Please fill out the simple online form that allows you to have your sale and post up to 6 small signs on the day of the event. There is no charge for this “ePermit”, which will be sent to your email address. We will also send you the Village rules and regulations to help guide you through your garage sale. Please complete the Garage Sale Permit Application.
*To refer to the entire Village of Wauconda Code Book, please visit the Village of Wauconda Ordinances.